Meal Planning for Weight LossJanuary 6, 2015
Limiting Beliefs Inhibit Weight LossJanuary 19, 2015
We all want a head full of thick, healthy hair, but we’re less than thrilled when that hair grows elsewhere on our bodies! If you’re bothered by unwanted body hair, we have good news: Science has provided us with a permanent solution.
First, some background on common hair problems…
Hypertrichosis refers to the excessive growth of body hair. The hair may grow in a normal or abnormal pattern, but can be embarrassing to individuals who feel they are more hairy than they should be. Hypertrichosis is often genetic, but it can also be caused by some medications, metabolic problems, or hormonal imbalances.
Hirsutism is a problem which affects only women. Heredity, hormonal problems, some medications, or even tumors can cause women to develop extra hair growth in a typically “male” pattern such as facial or abdomen hair. It’s easy to understand why women would be bothered by this type of hair growth.
Then, of course, we just have regular old body hair! There’s nothing abnormal about it, but most of us prefer to rid ourselves of underarm hair, leg hair, and in many cases pubic hair. Some women also dislike their arm hair, which means they’re basically in a constant battle against hair covering most of their bodies!
Now for some solutions…
As you probably already know, your possible solutions for these types of hair growth include shaving, depilatory creams, and waxing. But there are several problems associated with these methods, including:
- They take up a lot of your time
- Creams and waxes can be extremely messy
- Many areas are difficult to wax, such as the back or pubic areas
- Waxing can be painful
- Some people report stinging, burning, or allergic reactions to depilatory creams
- These methods all require regular maintenance
- Over time, you spend a lot of money fighting nature
Considering all of the above complications, it’s easy to see why more and more people are turning to laser hair removal. The benefits of laser hair removal are numerous:
- It’s virtually painless
- The results last much longer
- After just a few sessions, most people never have to worry about hair removal again
- When you consider the cost over time, you save money
- You save a ton of time in the long run
If you’re interested in laser hair removal, now is the time to get started. Sessions are repeated every four to eight weeks until you achieve the results you want, with most patients seeing optimal results after three or four sessions. If you want to be hair-free and carefree by summer, give us a call to schedule a consultation.