Spider Veins are those small veins that often appear on the lower extremities of the body. Spider Veins are similar to Varicose Veins, but Spider Veins are smaller. Spider Veins look like the branches of tress, or spider webs. Spider Veins have short jagged lines that can be found just about anywhere on the body, but usually Spider Veins are found on legs and faces; often on the nose and cheeks of people who have had too much sun exposure when they were younger. Spider Veins can cover a very small area of skin, or they can cover a quite large area.
Spider Veins are a fairly common problem for both men and women. From 50% to 55% of all women suffer from either varicose Spider Veins or Spider Veins, and from 40% to 45% of all men suffer from one of these vein problems.
What Cause’s Spider Veins?
There are several factors that can be linked to Spider Veins and varicose Spider Veins:
- Aging can cause superficial veins to weaken causing spider veins to develop
- Genetics can be an issue as multiple generations often have Spider Veins
- Hormone changes during menopause and pregnancy. Pregnancy causes more fluid to be in the body for the baby, therefore the veins in the lower extremities have a tendency to distend. Varicose and spider veins are more likely to occur with subsequent pregnancies.
- Obesity puts more pressure on Spider Veins which can lead to varicose and Spider Veins.
- A lack of activity, whether resulting from a sedentary lifestyle or being forced to sit for long periods of time for work can cause varicose and Spider Veins. This can potentially be a bigger problem for those who sit with their legs crossed or bent.
- Too much exposure to the sun can cause Spider Veins to develop on the nose or cheeks.
Although Spider Veins rarely cause serious health problems, they can be uncomfortable and cause itching and throbbing. The office of M.D Diet of Temecula and Dr. Roland Fuertez can help relieve the pain and throbbing of Spider Veins, as well as making the skin look healthy and vibrant. By undergoing our superficial vein treatments, the spider veins will begin to fade, and then disappear. We offer injection therapy and therefore there can be some very minimal but temporary discomfort from the treatment. For most patients, a single syringe of 10mL can make a difference in the appearance of your legs and overall confidence “showing them off”!” For most patients, two to five treatments are necessary to remove the sign of the Spider Veins.
Getting treatment for problems with Spider Veins can be a big factor in making you feel better about yourself and making yourself more confident in your professional and personal life. Let Dr. Roland Fuertez at M.D. Diet of Temecula help evaluate if spider vein removal is right for you. Why not see if this simple step can get rid of Spider Veins so that you will be able to live a more comfortable and confident life.